I know that PR can sometimes feel too complicated to get your head around. It often seems like something that only large multinationals pay thousands of pounds for.
But, I really want you to know that it’s for you too! Small creative businesses can incorporate successful PR into their business plans in a very manageable way.
This group is your space to learn how. The Creative PR Collective for designed specifically for small creative businesses to show you how it’s done.
It’s a space to learn new PR skills, hold yourself accountable to your PR ideas and plans and to feel empowered to starting and acing your PR journey. I will give you the tools but you’ll need to put them in to action to start seeing results.
So, who is it for?
I’ll cut straight to the juicy details
- I’ve designed this group with small creative businesses in mind.
- But you’re still very welcome if you’re not a creative business!
- It’s for you if you know you want to incorporate PR into your business strategy but you don’t have a clue where to start.
- It’s for you if you know you want to step out from behind the comfort of your social media pages and start seeing your business’ name in print.
- It’s for you if you want to learn the skills to take your PR journey forward in bitesize chunks.
How does it work?
- When you join The Creative PR Collective, you’ll be sent the details to join a private community on Mighty Networks – a free app-based closed social group away from the distractions of Facebook.
- Each month, I will run a 45 minute masterclass on Zoom based on a different subject teaching you the skills to ace your own PR in a bitesize way.
- Over on the Mighty Network group you’ll get to meet and interact with the other members of the group, share your successes and hold yourself accountable.
- I will use the group to pass on links to key information or flag relevant features or journalists that I come across.
- If I become aware of any PR opportunities, this is where I will share them first.
When will the Masterclasses be held?
The Masterclasses will take place on the last Friday of every month and you’ll be sent all the details you need ahead of the session.
If you can’t make the session, the recording will be available to watch back in the Mighty Network group shortly afterwards.
What can I expect?
I know that the thought of PR can often feel quite overwhelming and that is why these sessions will be in bitesize and manageable chunks
Armed with the knowledge of how to build PR into your business strategy, you can feel comfortable and confident taking those first steps to securing yourself media coverage
PR is a long game, you are very unlikely to see quick results – although it can be possible – that’s why when you sign up it’s for a minimum of 3 months.
The sessions will take place in a logical order so that the groundwork is done before you start implementing your plan. My favourite analogy – you can’t bake a cake without getting all your ingredients ready and that’s exactly what we’ll be doing.
I’ve never attempted PR before, can I do this?
Absolutely! I’ll take you through everything you need to know and by doing this in bitesize chunks, it’ll be completely manageable.
I’m already doing my own PR but not really getting many results, will this help?
It’s very likely! Although you might find it more beneficial to work with me on a PR Audit so I can take a look at what you’re currently doing and see what’s not working. From here I can suggest tweaks to see how we can get your PR moving again.
I’m already doing my own PR but not getting many results, will this help?
- It’s very likely! Although you might find it more beneficial to work with me on a PR Audit so I can take a look at what you’re currently doing and see what’s not working. From here I can suggest tweaks to see how we can get your PR moving again.
What will the monthly Masterclasses cover?
They may differ from this order ever so slightly.
Introduction to PR – dos and don’ts. Getting into the right mindset
Defining your narratives and key messages – finding your brand voice
Identifying your audience and the best channels for delivering your messaging
Your PR strategy – combining all these elements to pull your strategy together
Finding and creating PR opportunities – where are they, how to find them and how to create your own
How to pitch for PR opportunities
Writing a press release – dos and don’ts
PR tool kit – what you need show off your brand
How to handle journalist interviews – you’ve won the pitch, you’ve got the interview, now what!
PR plan review – we’ll take a look back over your plans to keep us on track
Membership at £35 a month for a minimum of three months
Doors open in June